Sunday 25 September 2011

AN IDEA IS BORN

Hey friendly reader!

Welcome to this new blog! Considering you are reading this, I am already more successful than i expected to be, so YAY!

Let me start with telling you how somebody starts a blog about spoons.
It all began with attending the Pure Festival - a charming event that very cleverly combines Whisky tasting and a bunch of great concerts. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon and night? Rightfully so!
It got even better when I won a spoon from the Oxjam ruffle:


A few Whiskys and some wonderful concerts later it seemed a great idea to take all kinds of random pictures with all sorts of people and the spoon. The spoon was received incredibly well by the friendly bunch at the festival, so in my alcohol and music hazy mind I decided to start a blog about the spoon. Encouraged by my equally dazed friends, here it is now.

The general idea for this is, that from now on I'll take the Spoon along to all sorts of things I am up to and we will report from there together. Looking at what I usually do, you can expect a mix of concert posts, travelling and a lot of random stuff.

It's also set to become a participation blog. So if YOU do anything cool or travel somewhere, take a picture of you with a spoon or just the spoon, write a couple of lines to describe it, send it to me and I shall post it. (I do however reserve the right to not accept everything - so nothing nasty please)

Hopefully you'll join me in thinking this is a good idea, so I am not wasting my excitement about all the amazing spoon adventures I am hoping to receive. Let's see where in the world we can send the spoons and what crazy stuff they will experience. So bring it on!

So much for introducing the blog. Now let the posting begin!


1 comment:

Rabea said...

Woohoo! So spooning is the new planking, is it?