Saturday 15 October 2011

THE SPOON IN AALEN


Beginning of this month was the birthday of my lovely little sister Vicky and I took that as an excuse to go home to the German countryside and take the spoon on it's first trip abroad.

I was born and bred in the swabian town Aalen, wich was great to grow up in. Not too small but also not too big, so there was plenty of running around woods and getting yourself dirty but also enough bars and possibilities to go out - until a certain point :-). It provided exciting spare time activities like a scooter club and carnival dancing, but the main reason I love going home is my amazing family which I hit the jackpot with. I've got the world's best parents  (yes really) who I miss every single day I don't see them, which unfortunately is far too often. I've also got the world's sweetest little sister (really!), there's the coolest dogs of the world (definitely) and all the other lovely people that make Aalen a very special place for me.
So as always I enjoyed every minute of it, even the peeling of kilos of tomatoes, hours of doing the dishes and ironing because it also meant time to talk to my family. There was great food, great company, I managed to meet some friends and all in all it was a great break that ended far too soon, so I am already looking forward to Christmas, when I'll be there again.
And even though I doubt Aalen has the same meaning to you as it has to me, if you ever come to southern Germany, you should stop by and visit my parents in their Hotel and let them take care of you: http://hotel-villa-rad.de/
Gaessler Clan Rules!


No comments: